Ft Lauderdale Business Broker: Denis Berger
No matter if you’re interested in purchasing an existing Ft Lauderdale business or looking to sell your own business, Denis Berger can assist you with this process. Murphy Business & Financial Services has access to the largest database for all Ft Lauderdale businesses, featuring main street businesses to the larger Merger or Acquisition opportunities.
Looking to buy a Franchise, a restaurant, car wash, manufacturing or distribution opportunity in Ft Lauderdale / Broward County?
Your search begins here! Denis Berger is an experienced professional who understands this complex process. He will be there to help navigate you through the entire process, always paying attention to the smallest detail. Denis Berger / Murphy Business & Financial Corporation is one of Broward County’s leading business brokerage firms with more than 20 years of service in Southeast Florida.
My personal success is based on our Experience, Reliability, and Excellent Service. Buy an existing Ft. Lauderdale business, sell your successful Broward County business or merge with an existing business – I will assist you with each step of the transaction. As a professional trained in evaluating and pricing a business, advertising and marketing of a business to obtain maximum exposure, and structuring the transaction which is customized to meet specific requests.
It is my goal to provide you with the highest standard of service as I assist you in selling or acquiring a new business.
It is clear from our conversations with business owners and executives that Fort Lauderdale has a solid reputation for business.With additional attention to service enhancements and strategic reviews of local business regulations and factors, Fort Lauderdale has an opportunity to strengthen its reputation for business friendliness and readiness.
Business in Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale businesses are generally the only location, or main facility, of the business. Nearly 70% (of those surveyed) Fit that description
- A large percentage of Fort Lauderdale businesses have been there over 10 years, indicating a solid economic base
- 55.2% of Fort Lauderdale businesses are small – less than 2,500 square feet. In addition, 79% have a staff of between 1 and 9 people. The average workforce per business is 15.74 persons
- Although a majority (54%) rent their space, the amount of ownership (42.3%) is very significant, adding to the notion of a stable economy. Many of those that do lease, have longer term contracts
- Most Ft Lauderdale businesses do not have any difficulty finding employees
Only 26% of the total respondents noted that they had some difficulty. The combined categories of Skilled Managerial and Technological personnel were the most difficult to recruit. However, the category with the highest number of responses was Entry Level employees.
Reasons for Buying a Fort Lauderdale Business:
Location is the most important variable in opening a business in Fort Lauderdale. Many Ft Lauderdale businesses were started by current residents, or people that had family in the area. Ft Lauderdale’s favorable business climate was a solid number three reason in starting new businesses in Ft Lauderdale.
Ft Lauderdale Business Climate Pluses
- Availability of Qualified Workforce
- Outstanding Airports-Ports
- Quality of Life
- Higher Education System
- Arts & Culture Offerings
- Proximity to Caribbean and Latin American Markets
- Favorable Tax Structure
Business Climate Challenges
- Development Services and
- Maintenance and Food Service Talent for Permitting Regulations/Processes Hospitality Industry
- Overall Cost of Doing Business
- City Signage, Noise and Parking Ordinances
- Cost of Living
- East-West Commuting Patterns
- Perception of Quality Education System (K-12)
- Advanced Engineering Talent
Business Climate Opportunities
- Cold Storage in Port Everglades
- Business – University Partnerships
- Regional Transportation Plan with FEC Corridor Closer to Downtown an Emphasis on Mass Transit
- Vacant Commercial-Industrial Real Estate
- “Strategy to Attract Target Industries, International Organizations and Enterprises to City”
- “Fixed Bridge” Restoration Projects and the Impact on the Marine Industry
- Business Resource Guide and Workshops
- “Transportation Loop” from “Tri-Rail” to Cypress Creek Corridor
- Aesthetically Beautiful, Beautiful Public Grounds Landscaping and Quality of Life in Downtown Ft Lauderdale
- Food and Beverage Concessions on Fort Lauderdale Beach